Dr. L. Satyanarayana , Scientist-G
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD statistics C.C.S. Meerut
- M.Sc. (Statistics) Andhra Univ.,Waltair
- INDOUS short training courses in Cancer epidemiology and Statistical methods in Epidemilogy, Delhi &Ahmadabad, India, 199092.
- Training on Ethical Review for Protection of Human participant. involving in research on 29-4-06 by ICMR & NIH at Delhi
- Cancer Epidemiology and Teaching Biostatistics & Quantitative Epidemiology methods
- Fellow of Indian Society for Medical Statistics (FSMS) awarded in
- Principal author of a paper which won Ist Prize in AOGIN 2012(Asia Ociania Research
- Organization in Genital infection and Neoplasia) for the oral paper presentation by Dr smita Asthana.
- Suraj Kali Jain Award for Young Scientist for paper published in Medical Statistics.
- FOCUS AREA OF RESEARCH Cancer Epidemiology and Teaching Biostatistics & Quantitative Epidemiology methods
- Planning, monitoring and conduct of epidemiological studies, Administration of filed projects, research coordination, teaching and guiding junior scientists for Statistical analysis
TEACHING AND TRAINING ACTIVITIES
- Course coordinator for “Orientation courses in Medical Research Methodology and Biostatistical Methods of Analysis on Medical data” BIOSTATISTICS AND EPIDEMIOLOGY TRAINING COURSES (BETC). The courses are targeted for Medical faculty, Medical postgraduate students & Ph.D. students from Basic Sciences from Delhi and other Medical InstitutionsResearch Methodology and Basic methods of Biostatistcs. This is an ongoing training program activity in the division.
1. Laxmi Labani., B. Andallu., Meera M., Asthana S., Satyanarayana, L. Food consumption pattern in cervical carcinoma patients and controls. Indian J Med Prev Oncol. AprJun 2009. Vol 30. Issue 2.
2. Satyanarayana, L., Asthana, S. and Sharma, K.C. Tobacco related cancer risk in northeastern region of India. Indian J Med Res 128 (2008) 318.
3. Satyanarayana, L. and Asthana, S. Lifetime risk for development of ten major cancers in Indian and its trends after the years 19822000. Indian J Med Res 62 (2008) 35.
4. Satyanarayana, L., Asthana, S. and Sharma, K.C. Trends for cumulative risks for life time development of tobacco related cancer in India during 19822000. Indian J Med Prev Oncol 28 (2007) 26.
5. Satyanarayana, L., Asthana, S. and Sharma, K.C. Incidence Trends of Major Female Cancer In India. Indian Society for Medical Statistics. Nov 30 Dec 3. 2007.
6. Satyanarayana, L. and Asthana, S. Childhood cancer risk trends in India (19822000). Indian Pediatr 44 (2007) 939.
7. Satyanarayana, L. and Asthana, S. Uterine cervical cancerprevention and control. Current Science. Vol. 93. No. 4 (2007) .
8. Asthana, S. and Satyanarayana, L. Prevention and control of uterine cervical cancer. Current strategies. Indian J Commun Med 32 (2007) 233.
9. Kaur, J., Chugh, K., Sachdeva, A. and Satyanarayana, L. Under diagnosis of asthama in school children. Indian Pediatr 44 (2007) 425.
10. Tempe, A., Wadhwa, L., Gupta, S., Bansal, S. and Satyanarayana, L. Prediction of mortality and morbidity by simplified acute physiology score II in
obstetric intensive care unit. Indian J Med Sci. Vol. 61 (2007) 179185.
11. Asthana, S. and Satyanarayana, L. Is the Aided visual inspection of cervix: A promising alternative to Screen for Uterine cervical cancer? Indian J Med Pediatr Oncol 27(2006) 3.
12. Narain R, Satyanarayana L. Tabacco use among Indian school childrenNeed for behavioral change. India Pediatrics 2005.
13. Patwari AK, Kapur G, Satyanarayana L, Anand VK, Jain A, Gangil A, Balani B. Catchup growth in children with latediagnosed celiac disease. Br J Nutr. 2005; 94 ; 43742.
14. Tempe DK, Satyanarayana L. Is there any alternative to the bispectral Index Monitor? EditorialI. British journal of Anaesthesia; 2004 92:13.
15. Satyanarayan L. Hemoglobin estimation method. Letter to editor. Indian Pediatric 2003;40:798.
16. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. 12. Multiple measurements and their simultaneous consideration. Indian Pediatr. 2001;38:741 56
17. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. 11. Statistical relationships and the concept of multiple regressions. Indian Pediatr. 2001;38:43 59
18. Singh V, Sehgal A, Parashari Aditya, Sodhani P and Satyanarayana L (2001). Early detection of cervical cancer through Acetic acid application An Aided visual inspection. Singapore Medical Journal, 42(8): 351354.
19. Indrayan, A. and Satyanarayana, L. Statistical inference from quantitative data: comparison of means and other locations. Indian Pediatric 37(11) (2000) 1210.
20. Sharma PK, Yadav TP, Gautam RK, Taneja N, Satyanarayana L. Erythromycin in pityriasis rosea: A doubleblind, placebocontrolled clinical trial. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2000;42:241244
21. Parashari A, Singh V, Sehgal A, Satyanarayana L, Sodhani P, Gupta MM. Lowcost technology for screening uterine cervical cancer. Bull World Health Organ. 2000;78:964
22. Indrayan, A. and Satyanarayana, L. Measures of mortality and morbidity in children. Indian Pediatr 37(5) (2000) 515.
23. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Reference values in medicine and validity of diagnostic test. Indian Pediatr. 2000;37:285 91
24. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Graphical methods to summarize data. Indian Pediatr. 2000;37:55 62
25. Yadav TP, Singh R, Yadav R, Bhardwaj M, Satyanarayana L. Role of cetirizine in treatment of eosinophilia. Indian Pediatr. 2000;37:1098 101
26. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Statistical inference from qualitative data: proportions, relative risks and odds ratios. Indian Pediatr. 2000;37:967 81
27. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Basic philosophy of statistical tests, confidence intervals and sample size determination. Indian Pediatr. 2000;37:739 51
28. Singh V, Parashari A, Satyanarayana L, Sodhani P, Gupta MM, Sehgal A. Biological behavior and etiology of inflammatory cervical smears. Diagn Cytopathol. 1999;20:199 202
29. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Numerical methods to summarize data. Indian Pediatr. 1999;36:1127 34
30. Indrayan A, Satyanarayana L. Medical Uncertainties. Indian Pediatr. 1999;36:476 483.
31. Indrayan, A. and Satyanarayana L. Methods of sampling and data collection. Indian Pediatr 36(9) (1999) 905.
32. Indrayan, a. and Satyanarayana, L. Design of medical studies. Indian Pediatr
36(7) (1999) 691.
33. Sehgal V, Sethi GR, Sachdev HP, Satyanarayana L. Predictors of mortality in subjects
hospitalized with acute lower respiratory tract infections. Indian Pediatr. 1997;34:213
34. Seema, Patwari AK, Satyanarayana L. Relactation: an effective intervention to
promote exclusive breastfeeding. J Trop Pediatr. 1997;43:213 6
35. Satyanarayan L. Statistical index of under five mortality for various states of India and
the study of its time series over 20 years. Ph D thesis in statistics 1997; CCS
36. Mathur NB, Singh A, Sharma VK, Satyanarayana L. Evaluation of risk factors for
fatal neonatal sepsis. Indian Pediatr. 1996;33:817 22
37. Singh V, Parashari A, Sodhani P, Chattopadhya D, Satyanarayana L, Gupta MM,
Sehgal A. Colposcopy as a tool for detection of human papillomavirus infection of
uterine cervix in the setting of high prevalence of gynaecologic infections. Singapore
Med J. 1996;37:588 90
38. Parashari Aditya, Singh V, Gupta MM, Stayanarayana L, Chattopadhya D and Sehgal
A. (1996) Mutagenicity of endocervical mucus associated with genital tract infections.
Cancer Detection and Prevention 20; 597600.
39. Singh V, Gupta MM, Satyanarayana L, Parashari A, Sehgal A, Chattopadhya D,
Sodhani P. Association between reproductive tract infections and cervical
inflammatory epithelial changes. Sex Transm Dis. 1995;22:25 30
40. Singh V, Sehgal A, Satyanarayana L, Gupta MM, Parashari A, Chattopadhya D.
Clinical presentation of gynecologic infections among Indian women. Obstet
Gynecol. 1995;85:215 9
41. Bhargava SK, Ramji S, Srivastava U, Sachdev HP, Kapani V, Datta V, Satyanarayana L.
Growth and sexual maturation of low birth weight children: a 14 year follow up.
Indian Pediatr. 1995;32:963 70
42. Satyanarayana L, Indrayan A, Sachdev HP, Gupta SM. A comprehensive index for
longitudinal monitoring of child health status. Indian Pediatr. 1995;32:443 52
43. Parashari A, Singh V, Gupta MM, Satyanarayana L, Chattopadhya D, Sodhani P,
Sehgal A. Significance of inflammatory cervical smears. APMIS. 1995;103:273 8
44. Sachdev HP, Vasanthi B, Satyanarayana L, Puri RK. Simple predictors to differentiate
acute asthma from ARI in children: implications for refining case management in the
ARI Control Programme. Indian Pediatr. 1994;31:1251 9
45. Sethi GR, Kapoor S, Sachdev HP, Satyanarayana L. Clinical predictors of
hospitalization in an acute attack of bronchial asthma. Indian Pediatr. 1994;31:415 23
46. Parashari Aditya, Singh V, Sodhani P, Satyanarayana L, Chattopadhya D, Gupta MM and Sehgal A(1994). Clinical and etiology profile of reproductive tracts infection (RTIs) among women attending gynaecology out patients department of a major city hospital in Delhi. Ind. J. Obstet gynaecol. 44; 790797.
47. Singh V, gupta MM, Satyanarayana L, Parashari Aditya, Sehgal A, Chattopadhya D and Sodhani P (1994) Bleeding ectopy as an indicator for genital tract infections. Genito urin. Med. 70; 424
48. Sachdev HP, Satyanarayana L, Kumar S, Puri RK. Classification of nutritional status as ‘Z score’ or per cent of reference mediandoes it alter mortality prediction in malnourished children? Int J Epidemiol. 1992;21:916 21
49. Gupta MM, Jain R, Parashari A, Singh V, Satyanarayana L. HSVIgA serum
antibodies in cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and invasive cancer patients, and in their spouses: a case control study. APMIS. 1992;100:598 604
50. Sachdev HP, Krishna J, Puri RK, Satyanarayana L, Kumar S. Water supplementation in exclusively breastfed infants during summer in the tropics. Lancet. 1991;337:92933
51. Sachdev, H.P.S., Kumar, Shiv, Singh, K.K., Satyanarayana, L. and Puri, R.K.
Risk factors for fatal diarrhoea in hospitalized children in India. J Pediatr
Gastroenterol Nutr 12 (1991) 1.
52. Das, D.K., Pant, J.N., Chachra, K.L., Murthy, N.S., Satyanarayana, L.
Tuberculosis lymphadenitis correlation of cellular components and neurosis in
lymphanode aspirate with AFB positivity and bacillary count. Indian J Pathol
Microbiol 33(1) (1990).
53. Murthy NS, Sehgal A, Satyanarayana L, Das DK, Singh V, Das BC, Gupta MM, Mitra AB, Luthra UK. Risk factors related to biological behaviour of precancerous lesions of the uterine cervix. Br J Cancer. 1990;61:732 6
54. Sehgal, A., Murthy, N.S., Satyanarayana, L., Singh, V. and Luthra, U.K.
Samll family norm and uterine cervical cancer. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 68(6) (1989) 527.
55. Indira C, Murthy NS, Sehgal A, Satyanarayana L, Luthra UK. The time lag between menarche and marriage as a risk factor for cervical dysplasia. J Clin
Epidemiol. 1989;42:925 8
56. Ramji S, Marwah J, Satyanarayana L, Kapani V, Mohan M, Bhargava SK. Neonatal thigh circumference as an alternative indicator of low birth weight. Indian J Med Res. 1986;83:653