Health Promotion Clinic
The health promotion clinic was started in Feb 2014 at NICPR. It functions in the OPD rooms situated in the clinical oncology wing, ground floor. The timing of the clinic is from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
Objectives of the Clinic
1. To screen for preventable cancers like oral, breast and cervix.
2. To evaluate the screen positive individuals for confirmation of precancer/cancer.
3. Referral of appropriate patients to the tertiary care centre who require further evaluation and treatment.
Activities carried out at Health Promotion Clinic
1. Recording demographic parameters.
2. Anthropometric measurements which includes height, weight and BMI.
3. General physical examination.
4. Oral examination with naked eye.
5. Breast examination of female patients.
6. Complete gynecological examination including Pap smear of women above 30 years.
7. Symptomatic treatment.
8. Counseling regarding diet and risk factors of cancer.
9. Referral of appropriate patients to the tertiary care centre who require further evaluation and treatment.