Dr. Shashi Sharma, Scientist-G
Department: Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- Doctorate Ph.D from CCS University Meerut Meerut College in June 2009
- MA from Delhi (Hindu College) in 1980
- MA (Statistics) from Delhi (Hindu College) in 1981
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons Mathematical Statistics) Gold Medallist Delhi (Hindu College) in 1977
- Computerisation of various research projects, Data Management of cancer related studies, Statistical analysis and Research coordination, Database Development.
Membership of Professional Societies
1. Indian Society of Medical Statistics (Life Member)
2. Indian Association for Cancer Research (Life Member)
Received Award for best poster presentation in Silver Jubilee National Conference of Indian Society for Medical statistics(ISMS) at Manipal University, Manipal from Nov 30 to Dec2, 2007
1. Das D.K, Murthy N.S, Bhatnagar P, Juneja A, Sharma.S, J.N Pant, N.C.Bhatt, K.C Sharma, U.K.Luthra. Efficacy of based cytology screening programme. Neoplasma , 39,6,1992.
2. Satyanarayana L, Murthy N.S, Sharma Shashi,, Sehgal Ashok, Das D.K and Luthra U.K. ClinicoEpidemiological Risk Factors Uterine Cervical Cancer A Multivariate Logistic Regression Analysis. Statistics in Health ana Nutrition, 427430,1990.
3. Murthy NS, Agarwal S.S, Prabhakar A.K, Sharma S, Das D.K. Estimation of reduction in lifetime risk of through one’s life screening. Neoplasma, 40, 4, 1993.
4. Ajay kumar, Pundir C.S, Sharma S & Sharma Arun. Dedhyrogenase pentose phosphate pathway and cervical carcinogenesis. Indian Experimental Biology 31, 569570, 1993.
5. Juneja A, Murthy N.S, Sharma S, Shukla D.K, Roy M, Das D.K. Selective cervical cytology screening: Discriminant analysis. Neoplasma, 40, 6, 1993.
6. Ajay Kumar, Sharma Arun, Sharma Shashi, C.S.Pundir, Luthra U.K. Erythrocyte Reduced Glutathione content and Enzyme Activities in cervical carcinogenesis . Clin. Ch. Comms, 6: 197202, 1993.
7. Gupta MM, Jain R, Parashar A, Singh V and Sharma S. Circulating immune profile in patients with cervical precancer ana cancer: A crosssectional study among Indian women. Bull cancer.
8. Sharma S, Murthy N.S, Juneja Atul, Das D.K Relative Risk of progression to uterine cervical cancer from different grades of dysplasia Application of Log Linear Regression model. Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Medicine, 24(3), JulySept 93.
9. Ajay Kumar, Shashi Sharma, C.S.Pundir : Decreased Plasma Glutathione in cancer of the Uterine cervix : Cancer letters, 94, 107111, 1995.
10. Juneja A, Murthy NS, Sharma S, Sehgal A, Singh V, Menon R, Tuteja R.K and Das D.K. Role of degree of sexual activity in cervical carcinogenesis The cancer Journal, 8,10112, 1995.
11. Kashyap V, N.S.Murthy, Sharma S, Bhatnagar P and Das D.K: Intra Observer variability in the diagnosis of cervical smears: Indian Journal Path and microbiology, 38,4,375382, oct.1995.
12. Murthy NS, Sardana S, Narang N, Agarwal SS, Sharma S and Das DK: Biological behaviour of moderate dysplasia A prospective study: Indian journal Cancer 33, 24 30, 1996.
13. Juneja A, Murthy NS, Tuteja RK, Sharma S and Das DK: Probability approach for identifying high risk group of women for cervical cytoliogy screening The cancer Journal 9; 1996, 149151
14. Sharma S, Juneja A, Sehgal S, Sardana S, Singh V, Murthy NS and Tuteja RK Role of family planning practices in the control and preventon of cervical cancer A multivariate analysis Indian Journal Community Medicine, 22,3135, 1995.
15. Juneja A, Murthy NS, Tuteja RK, Sharma S and Das DK: Probability approach for identifying high risk group of women for cervical cytology screening Juneja A, Murthy NS, Tuteja RK, Sharma S and Das DK: The Cancer Journal, 9, 149151, 1996.
16. A.K. Bahadur, R.Yadav, A.Ray, S.T.Pasha, S.Sharma and B.K.Sharma: Alteration in serum lipids and host cell mediated immune response in patients of carcinoma breast before during and after treatment: Journal of basic and applied biomedicine, 6(2),19 24, 1998.
17. D.K.Das , Rajendra P, Tripathi , Ashish K. Mandal, Krishnlal Chachra, Shashi Sharma, Pushpa Sodhani, Chandra S, K.C Pant Solitary nodular goiter Review of Cytomorphological features in 441 cases, Acta Cytologica, 43,4,563574,1998.
18. NS Murthy, Jugal Kishore, Shashi Sharma, Atul Juneja: Letters to the Editor Case Control Study : Statistical Analysis, Indian J. Comm. Health (ISSN09717420) : 5(2), 6971,1999.
19. Atul Juneja, N.S. Murthy and Shashi Sharma Internet – How safe a visit to unknown website is ? : ISMS Bulletin Volume 14, No. 1, March 1999
20. Sarita Sardana, N.S.Murthy, Shashi Sharma, A.Sehgal and A.B.Mitra. Cancer in Women. In: Proc. of the 18th Annual Conf. of Indian Soc. For Medical Statistics
21. S.S.Agarwal, M.Roy, N.S.Murthy, S.Sharma, A.Sehgal and A.B.Mitra : Feasibility of Involving Nursing students for Early Detection and Prevention of Cancers of Uterine Cervix . In: Proc. of the 18th Annual Conf. of Indian Soc. For Medical Statistics
22. Jain D, Ray A, Bahadur AK, Chaturvedi KU, Sood R, Sharma S, Naik SLD and Sharma B K. Status of epidermal growth factor recetors family in hormone dependent carcinomas of the breast and prostate with reference to serum lipids and lipoproteins. Indian J. Chin Biochem , 16(1): 4251, 2001.
23. Bhadauria M, Ray A, Grover RK, Sharma S, Naik SLD and Sharma BK: Oncoprotein eerbB2 in squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix and evaluation of its significance in response of disease to treatment. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol, 45(2): 1918, 2001.
24. Ray A, Jain D, Yadav R, Naik SLD, Sharma S, Bahadur AK and Sharma BK: Effect of cancer treatment modalities on serum lipids and lipoproteins among women with carcinoma of the breast cancer. Indian J. Physiol Pharmacol, 45(3),33744, 2001.
25. Veena Kashyap, Suresh Bhambhani, Shashi Sharma. Cervical Cytology in
Postmenopausal Women. Journal of Cytology ,18(3): 163166, 2001.
26. Garg S, Sharma N, Bhalla P, Sahay R, Saha R, Das B.C, Sharma S, Murthy N.S Reproductive morbidity in an Indian Urban Slum: need for health action. Sexually Transmitted Infection (STD), 78,1, 6869, 2002.
27. Malhotra M, Sharma JB, Batra S, Sharma S, Murthy NS, Arora R. Maternal and perinatal outcome in varying degrees of anemia. Int J Gynaecol Obstet,Nov; 79(20):93100, 2002.
28. NS. Murthy, S.Sharma, A. Juneja, and A. B. Mitra: Potential years of life lost due to cancer mortality: Urban Experience, In: BioStatistical aspects of Health and Epidemiology, (Eds.) Pandey CM, Mishra P, Singh U, Dept of Bio Statistics, Sanjay Ghandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India, 177182, 2002.
29. A Kumar, N Gupta, T Nath , JB Sharma, S.Sharma Thyroid Functions Tests In Pregnancy Ind. J. Med. Sci. Vol 57, No. 6, June 2003.
30. M. Malhotra , J.B. Sharma, P. Arora, S.Batra, S.Sharma, R.Arora Mitral valve surgery and maternal and fetal outcome in valvular heart disease . Int. Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics 8, 151156, 2003.
31.N.S.Murthy, Aleamma Mathew, N.S.N.Rao & S.Sharma: Health status of Indian Women – A Scenario
32. S.Sharma, S.Sardana and NS Murthy : Statistical software packages in cancer research : Indian association for cancer research (Newsletter), Vol. 19, No.1,April 2003
33. Amitabha Ray, Bhuvnesh Kumar Sharma, Sudershan Kaur, Shashi Sharma & Joginder Kumar Sharma: Overexpression of cerbB2 oncoprotein and associated pathobiological factors in invasive primary breast cancer. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology Vol. 42,.253258, March 2004.
34. Malhotra M, Sharma JB, Batra S, Arora R, Sharma S: Ciprofloxacin tinidazole combination, fluconazoleazithromicinsecnidazolekit and doxycyclinemetronidazole combination therapy in syndromic management of pelvic inflammatory disease:A prospective randomised controlled trial. Indian J Med Sci. 2003 Dec; 57(12): 54955.
35. Shashi Sharma, NS Murthy, Abha Chandra, Ashok Sehgal: Assessment of Risk Factors for Primary Prevention of Cervical Cancer through Forward and Backward Logistic Regression Modeling Procedures. Obs. & Gyane. 2004 Feb; Vol IX No 2: 96104.
36.Wadhwa L, Sharma JB, Arora R, Malhotra M, Sharma S: Severity, affect, family and environment (SAFE) approach to evaluate chronic pelvic pain in adolescent girls. Indian J. Med Sci. 2004 Jul ; 58(7) : 27582.
37. Shashi Sharma, S.S.Agarwal , Abha Chandra ,Ashok Sehgal , N.S.Murthy : Development of a risk scoring system for cervical neoplasia. Obs & Gyane. Dec 2004 Vol. IX, No.12.
38. NS Murthy, A.Juneja & Shashi Sharma : Modelling strategies for epidemiological
39. process with special reference to logistic regression. Indian Journal of Preventive & Social Medicine. JulDec 2004 Vol. 35, 136145, No 3.
40. P.Sodhani, S.Grag, P.Bhalla, M.M.Singh, S.Sharma, S.Gupta: Prevalence of
Bacterial vaginosis in a community setting and role of Pap smear in its detection. Acta Cytologica . Vol. 49 Number 6 NovDec 2005, 634638.
41.A Juneja, A Sehgal, S Sharma, A Pandey: Cervical Cancer screening in India: Strategies revisited: Indian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2007,vol:61, Issue:1 page 3437.
42. Sardana S, Sharma S, Sodhani P, Sehgal A and Das B.C: Risk Factors with two different types of controls in High Grade cervical lesions including Invasive Cancer. European Journal of Cancer Care, 2009,18,620624.
43. Irfana Salam, Showket Hussain, Mohammad Muzaffar Mir . Nazir Ahmad Dar , Mushtaq Ahmad Siddiqi. Safiya Abdullah1. Riyaz Ahmad Lone. Showkat Ahmad Zargar. Shashi sharma, Suresh Hedau, Alok Chandra Bharti. Bhudev C Das. Aberrant Promoter Methyalation and Reduced Expression of p16 Gene in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma from Kashmir Valleya HighRisk Area. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009 Dec; 332(12):518. Epub 2009 Jun 10. PMID: 19513816 (Impact factor 1.5).
44. Mohammad Asim, Luqman A. Khan, S.A.Husain, Sajid Husain, Manash P.S Ahmad, J.K. Sharma, Anita Sharma, Shashi Sharma, L. Thayumanavan , P.Kar Genetic polymorphism of glutathione S transferases M1 and T1 in Indian patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Disease Markers. 2010 , Volume 28, Number 6/2010 , pages 369376.
45. Shashi Sharma, Subhash Mohan Agarwal . Environmental Risk Factors Associated with Emergence of Breast Cancer . Chapter Published in University News, 48(24) June 1420, 2010, Pages 6972.
46. Dayalu S. L. Naik, Shashi Sharma, Amitabha Ray, Suresh Hedau: Epidermal growth factor receptor expression in urinary bladder cancer. Indian Journal of Urology, AprJun 2011, Vol 27, Issue2
47. Hussain S, Bharadwaj M, Nasare V, Kumari M, Sharma S, Hedau S, Das BC.Human papillomavirus infection among young adolescents in India: impact of vaccination.J Med Virol. 2012 Feb;84(2):298305.
48. Ashok Kumar, Salam Gyaneshwori Devi, Sudha Prasad, Sanjana Kapoor and Shashi Sharma. Bone turnover in preeclampsia complicated pregnancy in North Indian women. J.Obstet. Gynaecol. Res. Vol. 38, No 1:172179, January 2012.
49. Ashok Kumar, Salam Gyaneshwori Devi,Soniya Mittal, Deepak Kumar Shukla, Shashi Sharma: “A hospital based study of biochemical markers of bone turnover and bone mineral density in North Indian Females”. Accepted in Indian Journal of Medical Research on March 27, 2012.
50. Shashi Sharma, Subhash Mohan Agarwal, Atul Juneja, Ashok Seghal. A review of factors spurring the risk of Breast Cancer. Environment and Ecology 30 (2): 281290, April – June 2012.
51. Shalini C. Khanna, Ashok Kumar, Susan G. Joy, Renu Tanwar, Shashi Sharma & Sudha Prasad. Is letrozole superior to clomiphene for ovarian stimulation prior to intrauterine insemination ? Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics.DOI 10.1007/s00404 01225799